Thread: conditions

Default conditions

Water temp?
    Any weeds in my parking spot?
    Level up/down?

Waters down 8 ft. gin clear trolling bite is on !! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by musky1969 View Post
    Waters down 8 ft. gin clear trolling bite is on !! LOL
    Great!Will be able to wade from my place to red buoy.Getting the fly rod out.

As predicted by that great climatologist, the water level has become very low. Water color pretty dark. Water temps really took a plummet with last week’s cold fronts, but are mid upper fifties mid lake, and 63-64 ish in the back bays.
    Weed growth stranger than ever. Not much around Verado Veranda, but I think the oil in the water permanently destroyed them there. Very little weed growth around, with one exception, and you should know where. Some other known areas void
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Danke.My worries/suspicions about weeds apparently coming true.I have plenty here and maybe should bring some.Mine are obnoxious not noxious so perhaps legal.
    I even have pigweed,that would seem good in a musky context.

I stand corrected. View this morning. Wonder if anyone from Arizona was casting here?????

Attachment 26568
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Never forget the 48 incher 6 feet,4 inches from that weeds location.
    As to depth,looks like I should add oar locks to the Ranger.Have to paddle my way in.
    SOON!!!!

Got here.Conditions perfect.
    Wind,rain,tornado warnings.

Have fun. Look out for falling tree tops if the tornado rolls through. Don't stand under Sully's porch!

Hi Tim!Still lousy.Wind n rain.Haven't wet a line yet.Also dealing with adjusters,contractors,etc due to 'conditions' at home in SoDak.Either 70 mile straight line winds or a tornado did extensive damage to our home and assorted buildings there.Crap.

Sheesh. Bad luck. Hope your summer gets better soon. I predict a hump of water behind your topraider might help distract you from pesky builders and loss adjusters.

Great opener!
    Lotsa boats with 3-4 or more.
    If my morning is an indication,it will be 'lights out' today as well.

Still good.Slower yesterday(air temp 49 in early AM and a channel near camp had a surface temp of 56.8)but think most boats had at least one.It's all about weather-especially early season.I have 7 fish on 8s since saturday-what if I knew how to do it-or could hang on to all the dumb ones that hit???Scary thought.

Thanks for the reports Dick...headed up in 9 days

Westly should be about right over that way then.Little slow there now I think.

Frank just stopped by,sounds like one of the Brainerd guys got the first 50 since the Opener.Congrats to him!
    Should add today was the first day air temps hit 70 since I arrived.The 50 makes sense I guess.However,I can see dark clouds to the NW over the 3 foot rollers and the high tomorrow is 59.Likely a short rampage of 50s.

I know some people up there now doing well trolling and jigging current areas !!

Quote Originally Posted by musky1969 View Post
    I know some people up there now doing well trolling and jigging current areas !!
    Yup.That too.Weather change is here,check your drag.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Yup.That too.Weather change is here,check your drag.
    We got weather,we got fish😀

Headed in tomorrow for a week. Will try to post a mid week update

ding dong.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    ding dong.
    All I gotta say about that is:

Feels so good to take away Sullys fish.From a spot he likes so well.Is that wrong?

DP, I want to preface the statement below is I am acting as the messenger. However, I do support my LOTW partner in all his endeavors.

Dear Dick due to my inability to login I've asked Mr. Ruhmann to assist. Remember when I had you figure 8ing for five minutes. The fish was long gone. Ha ha ha your friend-Sully

Fished out of Bell Island outpost 7/1-7/8 . Had a pretty decent trip although we didn't get any tankers to come out and play! Landed 8 muskies for the trip with little actual muskie fishing time. Spent most of the week wrangling my 2.5 and 5 year olds. My 5 year old caught his 1st muskie trolling with Papa which was pretty awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuskieMaxCrop.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	26843

Pretty sure I saw Dick & the batmobile a couple different times fishing some of my favorite weedy spots! I was the guy in the white Navigator usually untangling the kids lines! We had our best luck with small cranks and gliders...water temps were as low as 64 early in the week and settled around 68-71 by 7/7.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42crop.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	26844

Good luck to all this summer! I'll be headed back up the last week in August.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02262.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	26842  

Yup,likely me.Definitely saw U and family trolling.Should have flagged U down cause thought it might be you.
    Great pics!
    'Early' yet in terms of steady,good water temps but getting there now.Rainy AM today but they are going.First good topwater day for me.'Mean Green'my weird colored,beady eyed Pacemaker hurt m today

Steve,
    Just noticed Sullys cowardly comment.Please convey to him I will forgive him if he brings me 3 bananas since I'm out of chow and my wife not due til the monday after U guys arrive.
    Absent that,Mr Sully is in deep do-do.

Like days of old today,find one and it took real work to keep your lure out of it's mouth.Lotsa fish caught

ding dong.

Congrats! Be back up in a week!

Few more ding dongs going on.More Bigs showing up.

Now 2 more just heard about.Randy M and Tyler S.Both good guys,hard workers.

So how would you grade this year so far?

Hi Tim!
    Weird describes it.Water temps now in low to mid 70s,sunny,calm and HOT yesterday but about mid morning the big pike show up shallow and remained aggressive til dusk???U Brits would be happy with that!
    Average success in terms of numbers,behind on 'Biggies'.Started cold,low water,then rains n rising water,fish and fishermen confused.

Sounds like the story this year. I was speaking to a friend in southern Ontario and he was saying the same thing, though the rainfall has been excessive this summer.