We are wrapping up the first month of the fishing season and what a month it has been. After fighting through some of the most disheartening weather I've ever seen, temps in the 30s and low 40s and horizontal rain, we still managed to catch fish. Had a couple of slow days along the way but overall fishing has been good. Weed growth is way behind but if you can find greening weed, fish are there. Timber is also very good right now. The Willow Flowage has slowed up but the Turtle Flambeau is heating up. We have had some good action out there the past couple of days. Jig and minnow combos are still the best, crank baits and plastics are also working. I am going to start taking a few crawlers now. I just have a feeling they will start to produce. The waters I have been fishing it seems like 7 to 9 ft. in weeds or timber is best. With the warmer temps, crappies are racing in to spawn, this bite should be fast and furious for about a week. Bass are in shallow and getting ready. We have caught a ton of fat egg laden fish lately. If the weather ever cuts us some slack, we should have some outstanding fishing the next few weeks. Until next time, "Good Luck Fishing and Keep a Tight Line"