The past two days have seen some pretty good action, all depends on what you were fishing for. Wednesday my guest and I worked nothing but shallow weeds, brush, and bogs with 1/16th ounce Reeves jigs tipped with either small pieces of crawler or medium fatheads and we ended up with several nice crappie, jumbo perch, bluegills and some pretty nice size pike, not a walleye was taken out of these areas. None the less, a great mess of fish. Thursday was a different story as the winds switched to the north so my guest and I switched gears and went on the walleye trail and that paid off. Using 1/8th ounce weedless Invasion jigs tipped with either large fatheads of 1/2 crawler, we pounded wind blown shorelines to start with and found great action from several smallies and small pike but no walleye. Moving on to work various depths and structures, we found some nice hefty eyes mixed in with smallmouth in the wood and in depths of 10 to 16 ft. Also in the 14 to 16 ft deep wood we found several jumbo perch to add to our already great catch of nice eyes.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net