Walleye fishing has been good at night. Look for them in 8- 12 ft of water approximately 8 foot down. Taking them by casting and trolling crank baits.

Bluegill fishing has been good in the shallows near Viewcrest channel or Highlands Channel. You want to fish a bobber with an ice jig or wax worm. Fish the 1/32 oz. jig about 1 foot off bottom. The bluegills are just thinking about spawning. Once they start spawning the fishing will improve and the bigger fish will be found.

Largemouth bass fishing has been sporadic. Due to the cooler water temperatures, the fish aren’t concentrated in the shallow waters just yet. I’ve been catching a few fish by the outlet and a few in front of Lake Lawn Lodge. The best success so far, has been on split shot rigged night crawler or a green pumpkin Senko. Working a depth of 4-5 ft of water seems to be the best at this time.

The best bite on the lake is crappies. They are in 12 ft of water about 5-6 ft down. Chartreuse plastics fished on a 1/32 oz lead head jig are producing the most fish. I have been cruising along the shore until I find an active school. Once found, I anchor and fish that location for a while.