www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spring 2017

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Default Spring 2017

Though the ice is making some creaking and groaning noises, it is still solid enough to support ATV and UTV traffic as of March 19, 2017. Caution is still advised. I'm sorry, but I din not get a fishing report from those I saw traveling the ice yesterday. I'll keep everyone posted on ice-out. Happy first day of Spring!

Default Ice out

Thanks for the update! Always excited to hear about ice out.

Hi Scott.....thanks for the update.

"Any thread on "ICE OUT 2017" ?

Any ice updates?

Default Ice Condition

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Burn View Post
    Any ice updates?
    I know there were people fishing out of Sturgeon Bay this weekend. I noticed yesterday the ice was going fast along the shores all over and many open spots in many area. I did check it out near Fishermanns Landing. There was about 6-8" of slush and water with at least 6" of what seemed to be ok ice under the slush. Too questionable for me. I'll wait for the open water season now. Also, was just out there this morning and the ice is much darker today.

Lookout

On April 1st we saw our first loon return to the Flambeau River. They stage there until the ice goes out on the TFF and other lakes.

I talked to a guy that evening that had been ice fishing on the TFF that day. He said there was 10" of ice with the first 3" being honeycombed.

The next day, Marvin at Donners Bay Resort said the ice was deteriorating quickly. Anglers came in reporting only 6" of poor ice and that it was unsafe to go out anymore.

Sand Hill cranes and swans have returned to the area.

Spring is here!

The ice went out in Lake Bastine and surrounding areas such as Donners Bay and Sportsmens Landing around 6:00 pm on Saturday, April 8, 2017.

Excel energy is starting to fill the TFF by decreasing the output from the dam.

Lots of waterfowl were enjoying the open water and 70 degree temps on Sunday.

3"-5" of snow predicted for tonight!

It's the spring weather rollercoaster ride!

We went to Lake of the Falls about 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 15, 2017. The walleyes were really in there, including a lot of nice big females. We talked to some folks at Dear Dear Lodge who had been there earlier in the evening and they said they only saw 12"-14" males.

Just for kicks and giggles, we decided to check for spawning walleye at Robinson Landing. We were just able to shine the spotlights at the landing to see nothing when it really started to rain so we headed out. We passed on walking the trail to the rapids.

The birds are really chirping about the arrival of Spring.

Some brave folks took a Easter pontoon ride around Lake Bastine. It was short! LOL

Don Pemble posted on Facebook this morning that he had a sow and two cubs in his yard, so they're awake and hungry. Put the bird feeders, pet food and garbage away!