www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: End of season fishing report

Default End of season fishing report

Well, the season has finally come to an end. This was the toughest season I've ever had for several reasons. First of all, there was a massive amount of baitfish which made the walleye and muskie both tough. Second, we had very few follows this year which made for some complacency in the boat and therefore some missed fish when fish finally did bite. We usually had two or three hits per day on average which is good but we had less than one follow per day on average. It's hard to stay focused when the fish aren't showing themselves much. From September on through the rest of the season the fishing definitely picked up. We averaged a fish or two per day throughout the fall. We had one five fish day but we had several no fish days to even that out. It was also strange in that the larger fish just didn't show themselves early in the season and then half way through the year they just were all over. We had a fair amount of upper forty in fish with 50 inches being the largest. One of my last trips was a heartbreaker with the largest fish of the season just barely escaping the net. At least we got a look at it. We actually had that fish halfway in the net. Looked to be a fifty inches fish or better. I want to thank all of my clients from this year as this definitely was a year where I appreciated great clients with patience and personality to pass the time during long hours in between hits. Thank you all so much. I really appreciate every one of you.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    Well, the season has finally come to an end. This was the toughest season I've ever had for several reasons. First of all, there was a massive amount of baitfish which made the walleye and muskie both tough. Second, we had very few follows this year which made for some complacency in the boat and therefore some missed fish when fish finally did bite. We usually had two or three hits per day on average which is good but we had less than one follow per day on average. It's hard to stay focused when the fish aren't showing themselves much. From September on through the rest of the season the fishing definitely picked up. We averaged a fish or two per day throughout the fall. We had one five fish day but we had several no fish days to even that out. It was also strange in that the larger fish just didn't show themselves early in the season and then half way through the year they just were all over. We had a fair amount of upper forty in fish with 50 inches being the largest. One of my last trips was a heartbreaker with the largest fish of the season just barely escaping the net. At least we got a look at it. We actually had that fish halfway in the net. Looked to be a fifty inches fish or better. I want to thank all of my clients from this year as this definitely was a year where I appreciated great clients with patience and personality to pass the time during long hours in between hits. Thank you all so much. I really appreciate every one of you.
    Ty, Thanks for the season update, Look forward to setting up a couple trips again next year, will call after the first of the year. Your comments pretty much mirrored are experience this year, nothing early, better later in the year, Still a beautiful location to Fish and you are always good company. John O