www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: New Photo Link

Default New Photo Link

Google decided to shut down the Picasa Web Albums this year, moving everything over to Google Photos. Unfortunately, all the albums became private, and I would have to go through each one individually to set them as public. Instead, I decided to start fresh at Flickr for now, while I work on moving everything to my own site eventually. I've updated the link in my signature below and there are 4 new albums that have photos from the TFF and surrounding areas from trips this fall - most recently last weekend, which isn't completely post-processed and uploaded yet. I've been visiting a lot of Iron County waterfalls lately, including doing some bushwhacking to find several I spotted on aerial imagery that aren't included in the waterfalls pamphlet or the sportsman's map that you can get at the Mercer tourism office. Some of them have never been photographed before that I'm aware of. Check out the link below if you're interested.

Well done sir. Thank you for posting the new link and sharing.

HRG

I have a Turtle Flambeau Flowage group on Flickr. Feel free to post any Flowage related photos in the group.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/996612@N25/

Beautiful my friend!! Thanks for posting for us!

Default Very good camera work! It's apparent that you certainly enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
    Google decided to shut down the Picasa Web Albums this year, moving everything over to Google Photos. Unfortunately, all the albums became private, and I would have to go through each one individually to set them as public. Instead, I decided to start fresh at Flickr for now, while I work on moving everything to my own site eventually. I've updated the link in my signature below and there are 4 new albums that have photos from the TFF and surrounding areas from trips this fall - most recently last weekend, which isn't completely post-processed and uploaded yet. I've been visiting a lot of Iron County waterfalls lately, including doing some bushwhacking to find several I spotted on aerial imagery that aren't included in the waterfalls pamphlet or the sportsman's map that you can get at the Mercer tourism office. Some of them have never been photographed before that I'm aware of. Check out the link below if you're interested.
    I do admire your camera work. I'm not being "critical" here, I'm just trying to be informative. Regarding the "R/C GLIDER" shots, you might or might not be aware that technically, there's a difference between a "glider" and a "sailplane." A glider is only capable of one-way flight. That is to say that it can only glide down to the ground. A sailplane, on the other hand, is capable of sustained flight, and can even gain altitude. (This holds true for R/C models also.) Sailplanes can soar over quite long distances - - a hundred miles or more. And, do so at speeds of 100 mph, or more. They can climb in thermals and gain altitudes up into the stratosphere. A glider is usually towed aloft and then, when released from the towing aircraft it can only head for the ground. However, the term "glider" is most commonly used to describe both kinds of motorless aircraft. In fact, the FAA issues "glider ratings" to pilots who predominately fly sailplanes. Very few (if any) will fly in gliders. Just thought I'd toss this in since I'm not into ice fishing and I'm keeping warm, instead.
    Musky Mauler

I've been a fan of sailplanes since watching John Denver's TV specials back in the 70s. Usually I try to be more technically accurate, but I'm not sure how many people know what a sailplane is. It raises an interesting question - why are they called hang "gliders," when they're also capable of thermal soaring? Maybe it's because the earliest ones didn't have that capability. So, do you happen to have a sailplane or fly one?