www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: One more trip to Frank's next week and this will be my next focus.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Look forward to the pics Dick. Try to get a burbot for me. Apparently they used to live in the Thames 150 years ago, but are extinct over here now. Cod family I believe.

I will surely take a picture if someone will hold it for a quick shot. They are also called Fresh Water Cod from what I have been told. When they show up the Walleye seem to disappear and I do not know why.

Attachment 26437Attachment 26436Attachment 26435Attachment 26434Attachment 26433In case you were wondering, our approximate total catch for 4 days was 290 Walleye, Sauger, Pike and Perch. The largest being Pike 30”, Walleye 22”, Sauger 17” and Perch 14”. The best lure caught probably 90% of the fish was the Flutter Spoon in Golden Perch by Northland. Jigging was the way to go and dead stick was wasting time. The boards in the cleaning house were the ones that Matt and I caught on Thursday.

That looks like a fun time! Burbot were a no show eh? Next time.

No Burbot were hooked as far as I know. We had some good fish on for a few seconds but they opened their mouths and spit out the lure. Maybe someone else will catch one and capture a picture for us. Take care Tim.