www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Despite NE winds the past two days, the fishing action did pick up. Thursday, my guest and I started out vertical jigging the cribs with 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either gulp or small pieces of crawler and we ended up with 18 big gills, 1 crappie and 1 jumbo perch. The next two hours was spent searching for walleye and we did find two very nice fish in 14 feet of water over wood using large fatheads. Friday started out very foggy and cool but that didn't stop the walleye from biting. My guest and I started out in 14 foot over wood and right off the bat we had a couple of nice fish in the boat on 1/8th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads. Working this area and another similar area for some time we finally had our limits of some very nice eyes along with 3 nice jumbo perch. The rest of our day was spent vertical jigging cribs and deep stumps and came up with 3 more jumbo perch and 14 big gills, all on small pieces of crawler.

Back out the next 4 days, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

So Don,
    Its been good reading the reports all year. I noticed on some of your reports that you have been using Gulp. You must have faith in it if you keep repairing on it . So how does it compare to live bait.

In some cases it will out produce live bait by 3 or 4 to 1, even a product called Trigger will by far catch more crappies than minnows, just have to have faith in it.
    Don Pemble