The past three days have seen big changes in weather and fishing action as well. Monday started out with stormy looking conditions and my two guests and I stayed fairly close to the landing and found 3 walleye, 1 keeper in 17 foot of water over a rocky bottom on Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads and just like that we were hit with very strong winds and rain that forced us off the water, with no end in sight to the winds, we called it a day. Tuesday was a much different story as my two guests and I found very good action from both walleye and panfish. Working both deep rocky areas and 12 to 14 foot of water over submerged stumps with reeves weedless jigs tipped with mostly 1/2 crawlers, we found many active walleye and kept our limits of nine before hitting the panfish, working several cribs with 1/16th ounce jigs tipped with either gulp or a small piece of crawler, we found good numbers of mostly bluegills along with some scattered crappie and perch and finished our day with 30 nice fish in the well. Yesterday, with the winds switching to the ENE, the walleye action for us slowed down so my two guests and I targeted panfish and this paid off we ended our half day trip with 17 big gills and 1 jumbo perch.

Next trip on Saturday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net