www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Saturday's fishing action was pretty good, not only for walleye, but for smallmouth and panfish as well. Doing a trip for my friend and local guide Jeff Robl who is on a moose hunt in Alaska, my two guests and I started the day working 12 to 17 foot of water over rocks and or stumps with 1/8th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads or 1/2 crawler and found a mixture of walleye, smallmouth and bluegills. Moving on to shallower water, 5 to 6 foot stump fields, we boated a good number of smallies along with a couple more eyes to complete our walleye limit of 9 for the three of us. We then targeted panfish and vertical jigged a good number of cribs with either gulp or small pieces of crawler on 1/16th ounce jigs and boated several nice gills and crappies to finish or day.

Sunday, my guest and I worked just a few spots with jigs and fatheads and found 4 eyes in 12 to 17 foot over wood and kept two keepers. We then decided to target big panfish and then we bounced around working various cribs with either gulp or small pieces of crawler and we came up with 15 big gills, 2 slab crappie and 3 jumbo perch, a very good morning of fishing.

Back out the next 3 days, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Jeff is moose hunting? Can't wait to see the shore lunch on that one,,,,,

Take care Don, Terry