www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Reel Choices

Default Reel Choices

What do you guys have and like for reels out there these days. There are many new models in the past year to two, and just curious what anyone thinks of them, and what reel you use for what baits.

I have:

Calcutta 400D that I really love as an all-around reel, primarily my jerkbait and twitchbait reel. Suicks, DDD's, DD's, etc.
    Abu Revo Winch I really like for easy retrieve of Double-10's.
    Abu Revo NACL it's what I use for any other simple pulling straight retrieve lures like tail-bait topwater, Believers, Tandem Spinnerbaits, etc.

I'm interested in getting a new left-handed reel to give my joints a break, or at least distribute the damage to both arms, but not sure what I want just yet.

Ryan

Revo Toro Beast.

You might look at Akios. Made in UK and legendary for world surf casting records. I surf fish now in Florida and use this reel. The distributor is in NC and when asked why they didn't go after the Muskie market, said they did not want to grow too far too fast.
    Here is the site. http://akiosfishingtackle.com

DPear,

Which Beast do you have HS 6.4:1 or regular 4.9:1, or both?

As much as I like my Winch, I think I'd lean towards the 4.9:1, but the ability to burn is not something any of the other reels I have do easily.

Those Akios look interesting, but I didn't see any low-profile options, and the round reels didn't look very palmable.

Ryan

Both.
    Lexa's worth a look also.Lot of reel for the $$.

I picked up a Beast 4.8:1 from Reed's for $290 two weeks ago. Might have to add the HS at some point.

Ryan