www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Log Cabin restoration / repair

Default Log Cabin restoration / repair

Hi, perhaps not the forum to use but it's hard to find something like this for Mercer WI. I own a small log cabin. Some of the logs are getting old and rotting. I'm looking for a company or capable individual in the Mercer area to give me an estimate of what it would cost to repair or replace the rotten or damaged logs, if possible. I suspect the locals in Mercer would know who to contact. Otherwise, I'm just grasping at straws here. Thanks for any input.

Try a guy by the name of Norm Knauf. He has the beautiful log home as you enter Donner's Bay from the TFF. A couple of years ago he had a similar situation and had some logs replaced. I don't know who did the work, but Norm should be able to give you a referral. I don't have Norm's number, but a call to Donner's Bay ought to help you get in touch with him. Good luck.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeshunter View Post
    Hi, perhaps not the forum to use but it's hard to find something like this for Mercer WI. I own a small log cabin. Some of the logs are getting old and rotting. I'm looking for a company or capable individual in the Mercer area to give me an estimate of what it would cost to repair or replace the rotten or damaged logs, if possible. I suspect the locals in Mercer would know who to contact. Otherwise, I'm just grasping at straws here. Thanks for any input.
    I have noticed there is someone preparing logs on the corner of "FF" and Lake of the Falls Road. Maybe he can help you out. Good luck!

Lookout

A little late, but try Neil Schuka @ 715-356-1883. He is located in Woodruff area. He's been in the business for many years and has done some nice work for me.