www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Better weekend for my boat......

Default Better weekend for my boat......

as we moved 5 fish, hooked 2 and landed a 40-ish inch fish on a Medussa. Largest fish we saw was a kamikaze mid-40 incher that came out of the water at boatside, nipped my tail and was gone.

4 days of school left!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Glad to hear that things are picking up for you Red. I finally got a trip in 2 weekends ago. Tough fishing with post frontal brutal winds but was fortunate enough to put 3 in the net on flies. Lost a beast that hit on the figure-8. I did everything I could, just tough to get a good hook set at the boat with fly rods. Luckily, I landed one about 20 minutes later that also hit on the 8, so that helped relieve some of the pain. LOL

Care to give me an approximation on the boatside stud? Just curious so I can finish imagining your story with the right size fish..........
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

LOL You betcha. Wasn't the longest fish, I'm guessing mid-40s or so. The thing was just so damn wide from the head on back. Because of the glare, the first thing I saw was the outline of the mouth and it took my mind some time to realize exactly what I was even seeing. LOL I sped up the fly into the 8 and she crushed it on the first turn. Two sets of headshakes on the surface later, my fly was zipping right back at me. Defintely a fish that will haunt me for a while.