www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Reports

Default Fishing Reports

And lets start the season out with some reports !!!!!!
    I am sitting at my desk at work right now how are things on the Woods? Go

Great opening morning.One of best in years.No biggies in my boat though.Feed the critters,nap,then back after m.

Storming so went back to bed.LOTS of fish caught opener,no bigs I'm aware of.

Seen pics of 2 nice 51" Wiley Area both of them I think !

Another good day Sunday with biggest in Camp being a 48.Went out this morning very early in the very strong post front wind despite knowing better.Deep down in my peanut grey matter there is a LAW that reads,'weather always trumps Solunar facts',but I ignored the LAW-and paid the price.I did see a couple slow rolling and caught a monster 38 banging a jted D Raider so all not lost.Got home a few hours later without having any parts fly off the boat so....happy.I think.
    All the 'facts' were there,I even saw the cow that jumps over the moon and think I saw a witch on a tricked out broom about moonset,but there is still the LAW.

Yeah, but how is the walleye fishing?

Thanks for the updates Dick. For those of us not able to be on the LOTW until later in the summer, the updates are really appreciated. Please keep them coming.

Couple tough days.Frontitis.Fish or 2 per boat type thing.No 50s in Camp yet.At least up to noon yesterday.Last nite 'felt' better but with the wound n the Boss returning didn't get out.

Dick,
    If you head out east next week boss and I are going to be in Basil area fishing for the week so if you see the Red Skeeter stop by !!
    D

Quote Originally Posted by musky1969 View Post
    Dick,
    If you head out east next week boss and I are going to be in Basil area fishing for the week so if you see the Red Skeeter stop by !!
    D
    Will do!!!

Still slow.Only 1 this AM.Did see a 50 today though.Everyone and their Gramma has been seeing those regularly but me.(I even believe half of them).On the other hand,I'm undisputed champ of the 34 to 39 inch size category. Undisputed!
    On a bright note saw the biggie n a handful of others just before coming in.A front arriving soon and suspect change is in the air.

Sun not up n can give the likely report for today.Torrential rain,wind,muskies win.
    Randy Meyer n I were leaving shortly-ahhhh,no,not in this.

Got a 42" on the very first spot of the day at about noon on what you ask !! A Person grinder in some really great cabbage. Got some nice looking cabbage beds out east here for some reason !!
    D

Way to go Darren!
    Yeh the day turned out OK,a guest at Frankies got the 1st 50 of the year.

Up at Frank's this week. Thought I'd give some updates, since I enjoy reading them when others do it.

Fished yesterday and today with 4 muskies, the biggest at 44.5". Fish are moving on a variety of baits, but you've got to find them first. With today's windy and rainy weather, it made things interesting. Tomorrows north wind looks, well, interesting as well.

Yesterday " Sunday " wether.com was interesting found some agresive fish in morning and evening but none would eat !!! This could front will be interesting

Wow did not expect all the action we got last evening after the cold front moved lots of fish all on mid lake reefs in 4ft. Or of water or less.Carol even got 2 on the Top Raider first time in years had that much top ^water action in one nite

Cold front yesterday with a strong north wind all day until evening. Moved some nice fish, but only got a 41.5" to show for it. Saw two nice ones, but couldn't get them to fully commit. Looking forward to a little nicer weather today.

Yesterday was good for me,contrary to expectations(3)
    This morning was bad,contrary to expectations.(0)
    Big pike shallow again.Water temps early this AM back to 62.

Started this morning at 6am seen 1 lazy follow, started my fall trolling now about 10 am got a 26" walleye and the queen Miss Carol got a 37" ski in 15 fow in a 1 pm for break be back out about 5!! This is the Queen trolling

Yesterday we fished a long day (7a-10p). Weather was nicer, but wind picked up in the afternoon. Saw lots of fish all day and caught 3. Biggest was 47". Seems like they're eating more in the afternoon?

Sure agree with udee most days afternoons better. Probably a water temp thing. This AM worked. Finally a nice 48.��

Got 2 last night on cowgirls between 8:30 & 10. Seen only 1 this morning lost on figure 8 in now because the heavens opened up !!! Have not seen a fish over 45" though

Yesterday was a tough day for us. We saw fish throughout the day, but only 4 were willing to take a swipe. We. Missed. All. Four. None of them were 40"+, but still! Well, guess that's musky fishing. Fish seem to be on a summer pattern, at least for us. Not sure how this north wind and chilly temps are going to affect the fish today, but we will get to find out soon enough.

I want thank all of you for your reports. I look forward to reading them every morning.

Steve

Headed in the through the Angle to Bell Island Outpost on Saturday 7/2 for a week. Enjoying the current reports and I'll try to post a few reports of my own depending on data signal.

Well this north wind sucks !! Over cast skies good spots and did not see a fish all day, in for a break then back out at prime time last night got 1 seen about 10 and did finally see a true big one, buddy in cabin with us got 3 last night and seen about a 48"
    Darren

well, yesterday was sure cold and windy! The evening ended up turning nice, but it sure was a battle to get there. Saw A total of 6 fish yesterday, lost 1, and caught 1. We did see one biggie first thing in the morning. Nothing like seeing one of those to warm you up. Today looks like it will be a better day (fingers crossed).

Got 2 last night after 8 pm twitching Triple D of deep points same avarge size of upper 30'so though, one more day to go

Well last report tell mid August got 3 tonight "Friday" Between 8-9 P.M. all again Twitching Triple D's at points got 2 on back to back cast it's been a long while since I did that.Ended up with 13 in the boat for the week 11 of them after 7 P.M. no biggies though this time but then there is August to look forward too
    Darren

Yesterday was a tough day for us. The fish did not want to cooperate at all. We finally ended up catching one at 6pm, but that was it. The evening bite never turned on for us as we only got one follow. I'll blame it on the high pressure system to justify it...

Yesterday was tough for us as well. 6 follows, nothing big, nothing hot. Saw two others laying in weeds sunning. Tried lots of different types of spots and all sorts of presentations. The muskies won! We will win today!

2 boated n lot's of action mid morning,then died.Hopefully those fishing this afternoon n evening are putting a whoopin on m.

Well, after we checked out of bay store we hit the lake for a few hours before hitting the road. As Pearson mentioned, the action was hot. We moved a bunch of fish and caught some too! Probably the best day of the trip. We saw fish in flurries and some good ones too! Until next time, good fishing everyone.

We got one 40 in the boat on a showgirl yesterday, but lost 3 others, and had a number of fish that were millimeters away from hooks. Saw 20. Had a number of 46-48 fish come in behind shallow invaders that were mouthing the bait mid day. All of our bites were after 8. Definitely picked up yesterday, today is looking promising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast