www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Reports

Well doubt I'll report any more.Good times have arrived.Temp up,fish chasing near any moving object this AM.Fabulous morning with numbers,size and action on surface and with bucktails.Summer is here so with good weather,should have good fishing.
    Good fishing to all!

Yep, we moved a ton of fish yesterday. Boated 6, including a 47 and 48. Lost another 4. Hoping the trend continues today!

Good reports! Keep em coming. Enjoyable reading. Good luck!

Well the trend did not continue for us yesterday! Spots that had 5 or 6 fish the day before were lifeless. All that was left on spots were dinks for the most part. Saw one good one and boated a 40ish up in the narrows before we got chased off the water by storms. Weird trip. Every day was very different and we had lots of sniffers.

Back to work tomorrow, up again August 12.

Just got back from a week trip out of the Angle...Here's your teaser pic...ding dingAttachment 25586 Full report later
    Last edited by cwestly; 07-22-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Fished July 2nd-9th Four biggest were 52, 47, 44.5 & 43 along with a baker's dozen from 35-39. Most fish on weed/rock combos with bucktails and top water. Lots of activity throughout the week and we lost a couple more in the upper 40s Located 2 other super tankers but couldn't get them to go.
    Last edited by cwestly; 08-04-2016 at 11:49 AM.

Beautiful fish,good spot!Congrats!

Almost a month with no new reports? What's happening up there other than a massive storm last night and crazy wind today? I'll be up next week, fishing the 11th-16th.

Chris

Been gone a week but sounds a bit slow.Short windows etc.

Hey if your around next week I'll let the boss sleep in one morning and take you in the Skeeter and well catch up !!
    Darren

Should be,chat when you get here.

Sad to say it but 'bloom'.

Like, Exxon Valdez, or dispersed through the water column?
    Not what you want to hear the week before a trip, but then again I wouldn't expect it to be gin this time of year. Is it everywhere, or just bad areas?

Ryan

Little bit everywhere I've been.Bad some places.Some very bad.Tug smelled this AM and couldn't get through it fast enuf.Fish going good today though.

Whitefish Bay is really clear right now I was told !!! Lol It is what it is I like to troll in the bloom you know its clear 10-12 ft. down In Warroad right now

Cooler,plus wind makes for a great change bloom wise today.AND,the fish are going!
    Came home via the Tug and that was much better as well except there was a new toxic development-10,yes 10,Jet skis!!!They went into a back bay east of Schoolhouse point so hopefully they aren't there with a houseboat.

Just got back from 5 days in the angle. 15 fish, biggest 47. Caught 8 of those after sunset. We were dealing with very short windows of fish activity despite the perfect weather. We didn't see a lot of fish (7-10 per day), but those that we did mostly ate...which is a good thing. Not sure what the issue was but it certainly was a different trip.

Yup 'different' is a good way to put it.Been quite a few 50s caught here the last week though and today,despite hot,sunny n calm,was a big fish day.Even the ol man caught a couple dandies.
    One guest in Camp,name witheld to protect the innocent,is even suggesting his wife 'shake off' those pesky 40 inchers to avoid lowering their size average.She did her part n got a fat 48.5 today.

Wow!Must be serious weather coming and/or full moon and/or muskie New Years eve and/or....Major movement today!!!

About time the big girls got moving!

Headed up with the boss for a week tomorrow. Hope the front coming through tomorrow doesn't shut things down for too long. Hopefully it's not one of those "should've been here last week" trips!

Hopefully will be alright.The optimist in me says cooler water will activate them.The pessimist says I'm glad I'm going goose hunting awhile.

Yes today the fish where moving like crazy !!! Big ones too never seen so many fish over 45" in a day Our #'s are way down this year but made up for it in size The weird thing I see is no fish on figure 8's they come in hot follow 3-4 times hot then gone ? This is the first year I have seen this normally we boat 90% on the figure 8 this year all our fish eat away from the boat for a change !!!! 1 more day too go !
    Darren

Well if this was the front,didn't work,muskies still going good.Cooler tonite even so...????
    Only a motion sensor failure kept me from getting personal with the Queen this AM.The sensor in the tip of my rod failed so after an 'L' turn and a half assed circle I lifted out just as she was arriving.After kicking a few things n a mild tantrum,I tried assorted baits on multiple returns to the spot but her Majesty must have been busy elsewhere although she did come in the second visit n give me the 'fin'.Hardly ladylike I thought.
    I've tried to console myself by thinking SHE is the one that missed the opportunity,not me.Not helping my mood much though.

"Did you see that fish" Lol. I remember your face the evening after missing the queen while Matt was filming. Hopefully you're not quite as ashen tonight.

What the heck,I do remember that Tim.You were here then.Better come back n console me again.Britain isn't that far.That excuse should be good enuf for the wife,boss,whoever.

On my way. I'll bring beer.

I think you should have another sit down with that one muskie you talked too before and ask again what the hell these fish think ?? The days you don't think they would go there nuts out there and the days you think they will be going crazy there dead!!! They need to read Musky Hunter I think 😉 .

Good idea,just might do that.When we chatted on the dock in the dark this AM I think both of us thought I was nuts to even think about it.Had hooded sweat shirt,quilted Ranger jacket n rain gear on.30 minutes later I texted you the pic.A big and on a surface bait,followed by 2 more.
    Hope you are close to home n see ya soon.You n Carol had a great week!Congrats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12