www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Recent fishing report

Default Recent fishing report

I've been out fishing quite a bit since opening weekend. The last few days I took off though. It's been about the toughest walleye fishing I've ever seen out on the Chip. I've heard of a few people doing well but only for one day and then the fish are gone. The warm water and the milfoil coming in well will help. The crappie are very confused to say the least. They were spawning in April but the massive cold front really changed that fast. They were spread out in deep water for the first two weeks of may but now have moved shallow. We stumbled on a few muskies while walleye fishing with Keyes Outdoors. We caught them on a walleye sized Vexer prototype. Also caught lots of pike on the prototype. I'll be out more in a couple of days. I'm guessing that the walleye fishing will be a lot better when I get back out there.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty, in your fishing prior to the Musky opener, do you go out and specifically target Pike ? Like trying dead bait in shallow bays looking for big Pike, or whatever system works for Northerns ?

BTY, how's everybody doing ? Wife, child, Mom and Dad, siblings, dogs, cats, flowers and batteries ? This site has been really slow, I'm sad to say. Then again, I have been responsible for not adding opinion's, thoughts and what not for the entertainment of the viewing audience. Let's get this party started. lol

Robert, I've been mainly walleye fishing but we run into pike quite a bit while casting crank baits. The bass fishing has been tough so far this year also. We had a couple good days for bass but more tough days than not. Everyone is doing well, even the flowers. I'll be filming this week along with some guiding. Hope to get some good walleye footage. I'll let you know