www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Quiet in here....

Default Quiet in here....

This board is dead... Usually there is a lot of excitement and discussion here the week before opener. Whats going on?

I heard the tribes speared a lot of fish this year. More than normal? I guess open water early makes a difference.

Good luck on the water this weekend everyone!

I noticed the lack of activity. will be up tomorrow and fishing the weekend.
    looking forward to it

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

I got tired of talking to myself! LOL

DNR did some Fyke Net surveys right after ice out and found a lot of big walleye per some of the pictures they posted. I'll post the results once they are available.

The DNR will be doing creel surveys on the water this year. The workers are mainly interns or LTE and have no law enforcement authority. Once the data is in there should be a more accurate report on the health of the fish population.

Good luck to everyone and be safe.

Scott

Fishing the TFF used to be a lot of fun---------- now that motor trolling is permitted, there's no fish left to be caught. Those lazy motor troller so-called fishermen cleaned out the Flowage in just one year !!! Just ask the locals-----------

I'm a local and a life time resident and 30 plus year guide on the TFF and I can't recall seeing more than a half dozen people trolling out there last year, and I'm out there on a regular basis, those lazy motor trollers you are talking about are far outnumbered by anglers drifting while vertical jigging, just go out there and watch for yourself. Lack of walleye couldn't have anything to do with close to or maybe even more that 8 thousand eyes being speared the last two years, ask the locals, the DNR won't tell you. Just saying. And for no reports on this site, fishing season don't open until Saturday, May 7th, you will see my daily postings along with anyone else that posts.
    Don's Guide Service
    Don Pemble

Quote Originally Posted by Don Pemble View Post
    I'm a local and a life time resident and 30 plus year guide on the TFF and I can't recall seeing more than a half dozen people trolling out there last year, and I'm out there on a regular basis, those lazy motor trollers you are talking about are far outnumbered by anglers drifting while vertical jigging, just go out there and watch for yourself. Lack of walleye couldn't have anything to do with close to or maybe even more that 8 thousand eyes being speared the last two years, ask the locals, the DNR won't tell you. Just saying. And for no reports on this site, fishing season don't open until Saturday, May 7th, you will see my daily postings along with anyone else that posts.
    Don's Guide Service
    ^^^^ what he said

Thank you for your well written message about what is the real reason for the walleye population going backwards.
    The DNR can change regulations, size limits, possession limits and creel counts, but the fishermen that have to obey those rules can't make fish grow to larger sizes and numbers per acre.

Welcome back from hibernation Don. You still seem a bit grumpy. LOL Go fishing tomorrow and cheer up!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Don Pemble View Post
    Don's Guide Service
    See you on the 22nd Don!

Terry

You bet Terry, looking forward to it.
    Don Pemble

Not one bit grumpy, just stating a fact, not that many people troll out there and the ones that do I'll bet you 10 to 1 have very little success.
    LOL
    Don Pemble

Heading up as we speak. I haven't read or seen what the limit is this year. Is it still 3?

I believe it is, but still check the postings at the landings to make sure.
    Don Pemble

If you're losing sleep over the effects of trolling you need to fish more often. Fished in Michigan last week where the season is open and caught 7 drifting and 1 trolling all on crawlers and the water temp. was 52 degrees. Tight lines.

Default Spearing Numbers

Just wondering if anyone knows how many walleyes were speared this spring on the TF?. Also, is the limit still 3? Will be up there with our group in a couple of weeks. Sounds like crawlers are working. Isn't that unusual. Isn't it normally minnows this early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by yodel3 View Post
    This board is dead... Usually there is a lot of excitement and discussion here the week before opener. Whats going on?

I heard the tribes speared a lot of fish this year. More than normal? I guess open water early makes a difference.

Good luck on the water this weekend everyone!

The limit on walleyes is still 3 per day. The state possession limit of 10 walleye per person still applies.

Attachment 25275
    Posted at Springstead Landing
    "Try not! Do, or do not....there is no try."

Attachment 25276
    The new bass regulations also posted at the landing.

Where's the very popular picture taker this early season ??? I'm looking for the one and only "BlueRanger" of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DonH View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows how many walleyes were speared this spring on the TF?. Also, is the limit still 3? Will be up there with our group in a couple of weeks. Sounds like crawlers are working. Isn't that unusual. Isn't it normally minnows this early in the season.
    The report I received stated that 3,293 were speared from the TFF in 2016.

Scott , thanks for all the updates this spring.We will be at Lakeview next week. If you get a chance we are going to need some bait when we are there and would like to help out the locals and buy locally, So can you share with all who has bait on that ends of the Flowage.

Donners Bay and Gateway have minnows, leeches and crawlers. They also sell some tackle.