www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 1-26-16 report

Default 1-26-16 report

Ray and I changed our weekly Wednesday fishing trip to today(Tues.) and once again the action started out early. As I was setting my tip-ups, Rays flag popped and he caught and released a beautiful 28 inch walleye. Not long after that I caught and released a 38 inch northern. I prefer to eat the 28-32's, and anything over that goes back to become a trophy class fish someday. Ray had the hot hand today and landed 3 more keepers jigging while I could only jig up one. The action slowed and we made a move to a spot Kevin and I used to take guys to years ago when we were ice guiding, It's a small hump surrounded by deep water, and is usually a good evening spot as fish usually show up just before dark to feed on gobies in the rocks. Ray jigged up two more to fill out his limit and I could only manage one more keeper. I lost a fish about 26-27 inches in the hole and had 3 other nice fish on for just a few seconds...I could not keep the hooks into them today. Today's fish were caught on a variety of baits. It seemed they preferred the #7 Raps today instead of the #9's we've been using. Jigging spoons also worked today. Ray and I have had some fun fishing the past 3 weeks. The water at the north end is still really dirty, and that should keep the fish there and should keep the daytime bite going as well. Here's a few pics of today's fish...good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

Attachment 25164Attachment 25165Attachment 25166

Captain Ken Lee
    Bay de Noc Charters
    http://www.baydenoccharters.net

Default Where do we start

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKenLee View Post
    Ray and I changed our weekly Wednesday fishing trip to today(Tues.) and once again the action started out early. As I was setting my tip-ups, Rays flag popped and he caught and released a beautiful 28 inch walleye. Not long after that I caught and released a 38 inch northern. I prefer to eat the 28-32's, and anything over that goes back to become a trophy class fish someday. Ray had the hot hand today and landed 3 more keepers jigging while I could only jig up one. The action slowed and we made a move to a spot Kevin and I used to take guys to years ago when we were ice guiding, It's a small hump surrounded by deep water, and is usually a good evening spot as fish usually show up just before dark to feed on gobies in the rocks. Ray jigged up two more to fill out his limit and I could only manage one more keeper. I lost a fish about 26-27 inches in the hole and had 3 other nice fish on for just a few seconds...I could not keep the hooks into them today. Today's fish were caught on a variety of baits. It seemed they preferred the #7 Raps today instead of the #9's we've been using. Jigging spoons also worked today. Ray and I have had some fun fishing the past 3 weeks. The water at the north end is still really dirty, and that should keep the fish there and should keep the daytime bite going as well. Here's a few pics of today's fish...good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

Attachment 25164Attachment 25165Attachment 25166
    We are coming up on February 16th rented a cabin across the street from van cleve park in Gladstone. Was hoping to gain some info to get us started. We will have two sleds and a quad. Can we leave the cabin and ride onto the ice or do we have to trailer to the access point. Was told it was less than a quarter mile away from the cabin. What depths should we start in? Will have GPS with mapping chip. Do you fish flats, breaks, on top of reefs. Also are there any bad ice areas to avoid? I notice you use #7 and 9 rapalas. We have 7s but no #9s is there a bait shop where we could get some #9s in the area. We are seasoned ice walleye guys but usually fish Saginaw bay and Lake Erie. Another question is the water clear enough to use cameras or should we just plan on using our flashers? Thanks for any info you are willing to share. Enjoy your reports and videos. Can't wait to fish some new water. Lack of ice down here has me going nuts....thanks, Dave

Shoot me an email and I can help you in greater detail.
    Last edited by CaptainKenLee; 02-13-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Captain Ken Lee
    Bay de Noc Charters
    http://www.baydenoccharters.net

Email sent, thanks in advance for your help.