Ray and I hit the ice again today on our day off and it wasn't too bad. We got on the ice just at daylight and planned on fishing the whole day. We decided to go back to our deep water spot from last week and see if the fish were still there. While I was setting up my shanty I had my first flag of the day, so that pretty much gave us our answer. The spool was spinning pretty good when I got to it, but just as I went to set the hook the fish dropped it. Then there was a pretty good lull in the action except for a couple more flags and drops and some small pike and one 17 1/2 inch keeper I got jigging. My best bite came from noon until 2 p.m. During this two hour span I landed one keeper walleye on a tip-up, and 3 more jigging to go with the keeper I caught jigging earlier in the morning...and that filled out my limit, so by 2 p.m. I was done. My fish were 17.5, two at 18, a 19.5 and a 22. It just so happened that the moon came up about then...and the bite pretty much died. We had some more pike on tip-ups but that was it. I had to leave a little early, and headed in shortly after 4, but Ray said the rest of the evening was slow. Ray got one keeper jigging and some pike on tip-ups and lost 4 decent fish jigging. I've noticed the same thing while in the boat, when the sun and the moon are out at the same time it seems like the bite slows and that's exactly what it did for us today, at least where we were. Every fish I caught jigging today was on a #9 parrot jigging Rap. Tried several other sizes and colors...but that was the one they wanted. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area!

Attachment 25146Attachment 25147