Well...my buddy Ray and I decided to head out on Little Bay today. We stayed north of "the narrows" at Gladstone and fished in 38 fow. We had a good six inches of ice where we were at. With the water dirty like it is, many times the daytime bite is the best, so we headed out earlier than we normally would and fished from about 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.. Shortly after getting set up we had fish coming through, but most of them were shorties. We both caught several undersized fish, most in the 10 inch range. At 1 p.m. I lost my first keeper and then dropped right back down and landed a nice 20 incher. Neither one of us could get a bite on anything other than a #9 jigging Rapala. Even all the small walleyes were caught on #9's. My best color today was parrot and Ray's was glow and also firetiger. I ended up landing 3 keepers and losing 2 while jigging, and I lost one on a tip-up because it was froze up. Guess it's time to put some new lube in my polar tip-ups. It was a fun day for the first walleye trip of the year, Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.