Had the chance to finally get out on the ice yesterday. My buddy Ray and I both had the day off, so we headed north to find some ice, and hopefully some panfish. We started out up by Gwinn on Shag Lake, but ice conditions kept us from reaching our spot. We did punch some holes and fish for a while, only catching some small pike. We then headed to a different lake in the area...called Lake X. Here we found some more ice (4-6 inches), and with more ice came more people. Most of them were fishing pike with tip-ups and doing quite well. They had flags continually for the whole time we were there. This was the first time either of us had fished the lake, and we were very happy with the results. We both caught a nice mess of beautiful bluegills, sunfish, perch, and crappie. All of my fish came using a size 14 or size 16 J&K Tackle tungsten jig in orange or firetiger , both colors were great. We were tipping them with red and white spikes. We carry both colors at the shop, and they come 50/ $2.00. You can also buy them by the dozen @ .75 cents / doz. Kept at 34 degrees they last a long time. Tomorrow (Friday) we will have our full selection of bait including perch minnows, walleye minnows, wax worms, etc.. Ice conditions on Little Bay de Noc continue to be spotty, with most of our customers only reporting 2-3 inches of ice in most spots. Be very careful if venturing out on the ice anywhere right now. After this next weeks cold we should be good to go, so maybe patience is best right now...even though we all want to get out there!