www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Fishing action hasn't changed a whole lot since my last report, walleyes are being taken from river channel bends and deeper holes but not in the number or size as past years. Water levels are still very low and finding new stumps with the lower unit is a daily ordeal. Jigs and minnows are still the primary method for the eyes, but the slower the retrieve the better. There have been a few days with fairly strong south winds that had the walleye up close to the shoreline boulders and a faster retrieve was needed there. Can't figure out why with all the water coming from the Manitowish river the water level hasn't come up by this time of year, been hearing stories of possible repair on dam, don't know for sure, never seen it this low this time of year in a long time., be careful out there.

Plans are to put the old boat in storage soon and I want to thank everyone who I had the opportunity to fish with this year and also the ones who booked my service but weren't able to make it due to bad weather or health reasons, always next year to to give it a go, already taking reservations for 2016.

Have a safe and enjoyable winter and with God's will, we will all be back on the TFF next spring.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Thanks for the reports and information Don. Have a warm winter!

Water level update says water is down only 3 feet. It was like that back in August. Is the report wrong?

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

The report is correct. The water level has come up 6 inches from 2 weeks ago.

see you on May 7th 2016 my friend. if the good Lord is willing and the ice isn't still on!

Looking forward to it my friend, always do.
    Don Pemble

Have a great winter Don. thanks for all the reports this year. And given the Fleet Farm commercial I saw the other day....Merry Christmas!
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.