www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Last Few Trips

Default Last Few Trips

Wellthe past few trips weve caught some nice fish, the only problem has been there havent been enough of them. This past Saturday I fished with Larry and Pat from down by Chicago and it was a very tough bite. We finally found some fish buried in the weeds at the north end, and we pulled Walleyes Choice (http://www.walleyeschoice.com) harnesses over the tops of them and we got 4 nice fish in the last hour of our trip and lost a couple nice fish.

This past Tuesday I had Chuck and John on board again, I fished with these guys back on May 24th, and we had a good day. Tuesday morning greeted us with some pretty high winds, so we decided to go drifting along a sharp weed edge thats pretty much impossible to troll because its so sharp. We were drifting with floating jig heads tipped with half crawlers, and by 10;30 we had 6 dandy walleyes and had lost 2 really nice ones. That bite died, so we went fishing smallies for a while, then went up to the north end to finish out the trip trolling harnesses for walleyes. I thought for sure with a good south wind wed get some fish to bite, but the fish certainly had other plans! Weve been working really hard lately to find fish, and it seems if youre not there for the short window when they bite, then youre not going to get anything, its been very frustrating. The extreme winds weve had lately have also limited us to where we can fish and fish effectively. Well keep on working hardbecause thats what we do. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

Captain Ken Lee
    Bay de Noc Charters
    http://www.baydenoccharters.net

Captain Ken, what is the smallmouth artificial bite like right now, are they starting to move shallow? Is it time yet for spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, and top water baits? Are your cabins still open and until what date. Is there cold beer and delicious food within walking distance of your cabins? Thanks in advance and sorry if too many questions.

The water temperature I think is still a little too warm for a "great" shallow water bite. We have noticed a few more nicer fish showing up in shallower water, but not great numbers yet. We had a water temperature the other day of 67...and until it gets down in the mid to upper 50's, I think the good fall smallie bite will be slow to start. Casting tubes, and drop-shot rigs with a variety of baits has still been producing best for us. It will definitely be getting better in the next couple of weeks, good luck!

Captain Ken Lee
    Bay de Noc Charters
    http://www.baydenoccharters.net