www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Cell tower info please

Default Cell tower info please

I get better reception on my Trac phone than my wife gets on her iPhone with Verizon. Anybody know what phone company the local towers are with. I'm in the Ft Flambeau area.

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

AT&T is the closest tower.

Are you getting an LTE signal reliably or just 3G? Anybody using a booster? Interesting to me how a Verizon iPhone can get less reception than a twenty dollar trac phone.

We have Wilson cell phone boosters in our cabins and get 3G service with AT&T and Verizon, along with some other servers. Some of our guests with AT&T can get service outside the cabins. You can also get service standing near the gas pump at Donners Bay Resort. LOL

Scott,

Got a kick outta the gas pump reception. What makes it really funny is it's pretty true. Only thing I'd add is it helps to hold you phone in your left hand and jump up and down on your right leg.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Default Cell phone boosters

Quote Originally Posted by Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC View Post
    We have Wilson cell phone boosters in our cabins and get 3G service with AT&T and Verizon, along with some other servers. Some of our guests with AT&T can get service outside the cabins. You can also get service standing near the gas pump at Donners Bay Resort. LOL
    Hi Scott,

I was considering installing the Wilson Boosters, too.

Did you install them yourselves?

Do you recall which model you went with?

Hi Jeff,

We purchased and had our Wilson cell phone boosters installed by Mark Wesenberg of North Star Electronics of Ironwood, MI, 906-932-9018. Mark checked our reception and installed the model he felt best suited for our location and needs. He's a great guy to work with. Sorry I don't know the model numbers of our receivers.