www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Your Flowage boat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by mkoeh475 View Post
    I used to have an old 14ft Alumacraft with a 15hp Johnson that I would take up annually. This coming weekend I'll have my '88 Ranger with 200 Evinrude. Should be a little bit of a difference.
    With the TFF down 2-1/2' since spring, I'd be careful out there,,,,,,,

Good time to mark a lot of stumps that we'd be driving over at full pool though.

HRG

I agree with HRG, be careful...with the water level down, stumps that were not there yesterday, may very well be there tomorrow. I was up there in early August and hit a stump (2x)that I never hit before in 15 years of fishing the TFF. GO SLOW!!!

My flowage boat...again ...similar to HRG. I pretty much just fish the TFF. My rig is a 16.5' Alumacraft with a 60HP Mercury tiller. Lots of room for two people. Would buy a similar rig again....really enjoyable to fish out of with one or two people. I do not allow more than two in my boat.....just gets too crowded with more than two....

Fished out there last night and it's down more than 3'. The marker stick by the Springstead landing is almost out of the water. Got to punch in a few more stumps on the GPS!!

My right is a 16.5 Tracker Deep V with a 50 Merc. Always could use a bigger boat but it's done it's job... Fished with a buddy earlier this year in his tiller boat and it sure was nice to have the extra room. If/when there's a next boat for me a tiller model will get a close look. As far as the question of glass vs. aluminum one big factor would be if you camp or not. A lot of the campsites have rocky shorelines and that doesn't seem like it would be good for glass.

I have an 18 ft. Lund Alaskan. Works great on the flowage and Lake of the Woods. Good in big water,and skinny water too. Lots of room with the tiller model. Fits a family of 5 and a Labrador. Muskie fishes 3 comfortably. Put anti-fatigue mats in the bottom. More comfortable and less slippery now. We spend a lot of time dragging it up on the beaches. Tough boat, but not glamorous. Works perfect for me.