www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Da Wiz.............................

Default Da Wiz.............................

After 20 years at the battle, our own resident wizard scores it big with this 51. Thank god for miserable weather, and strong winds!!!!

Attachment 24501
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Persistance pays.Congrats Ryan!

Trolling last week ??

Who....us?????
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Very nice Ryan!

Congrats Ryan, I know that was a long time coming for you. Way to stick with it. Good thing you were in a dependable boat with an E-Tec.

Steve

Thanks! It certainly feels good to put all the shoulda-coulda-woulda crap behind me. The three days I was there were among the worst continuously bad conditions I've encountered up there. I owe it all to Frank for getting us through it, and making the absolute best out of a bad situation.

I learned a hell of a lot about adapting to challenging conditions. I mentioned it plenty that I always prefer casting, but the reality was most of that trip it wasn't just unpleasant to do so, but in many ways not possible to do so effectively. Where I would have likely given up and headed for the cabin, Frank put the trolling rod in my hand and kept us on the fish. And Frank learned that if I said, "snagged" it actually meant, "get the net."

Ryan

Good for you Ryan last year and this year our biggest fish on our August trip came trolling after not seeing them shallow, you need to adapt to the situation there always in the lake just got to find them !!
    D