It's hard to believe it's middle of July already. Summer just flies by.

Water temps are above 70 degrees everywhere and some days have been as high as 78 on shallower lakes. Recent swings in the weather and wind are keeping the waters well mixed and plenty of oxygen.

Walleyes:

Bite remains very strong even with the warm temps. I've been finding walleyes in deep wood, sandgrass, sand bars, cabbage, and coontail. Yes, they seem to be everywhere. Leeches and crawlers(or half somedays) on a 1/16 to 1/8 oz(depending on depth) is the bread and butter. When the walleyes are aggressive, I've been smacking 'em on 4" Ringworms or 4" curly tail works. Berkley Powerworms, Havoc Beat Shads, etc all been working in place of live stuff. Played around with trolling cranks a little bit, found that walleyes will react to them, but still having more action with rod in hand and jigs.

Muskies:

Bite has been decent. Dependent on weather swings....fished 4 trips for them last week (37,43,44,36.5) boated, lost a 46-48 incher...most fish are weed related, but also finding them over deep grass and open water. Suicks, big blades, Red October tubes are working for me. With the warm water temps, keep handling to a minimum. Fish the wind blown shores for weeds, and for open water look for the schools of ciscoes. Reports of trolling open water with great success for muskies is pretty common.

That's all for now...gotta run

Good Luck!