The last few trips have really been up and down. Fishing with Cliff and Justin last Sunday morning we didn't do so hot, with only a couple keepers. They did get out during the week and employed the same tactics we used and they had some better luck.

Then I fished with a great group of guys from the Soo Canada area. Ray Cho and his buddies Gilbert and Randy came to fish the bay last Tue, Wed, and Thurs. Tuesday we got blown off by noon, but we did get six keepers. Wednesday was a little better with 9 keepers. They went to lunch while I went to the cleaning station. Thursday morning was terrible. We went south looking for some nicer fish, but could only muster up some sheepshead before our short 5 hr. trip was up.

Today (7-20-15) I fished with some wonderful folks (Rocky and Caroline) from southwest Minnesota. We got on the water around 7 a.m. and the west wind was blowing strong. We decided to do some hands-on fishing and went jigging. We landed 10 keepers before noon and then the bite slowed. We went trolling for a while, but that only got us a couple pike and one undersized walleye. We tried jigging for the last hour, but the wind was so strong it was almost impossible to feel it hit bottom. We did get some more undersized fish and a couple pike, but no more keeper walleyes. Overall, given the conditions we had today, it was a decent day on the bay. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.