www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 12 volt vs 24

Default 12 volt vs 24

Just got swept off LOTW for 5 days because I couldn't hold my spot.
    I have a 17ft Lund & 65 Minnkota troll. Since I have 2 batteries already is it worth
    moving to 24 volts.On a normal day will I get a full day on a single charge.
    Also does the one thats in-sink with my GPS really work for what it's going to cost.

I have had 12 v and 24 volt set ups. On my boat the lights, gps, bilge, livewell, and starter are on the the 1 battery. 24 volt just for the trolling motor (83 pound?). Can go all day easy and does great in the current seams for the walleye run. Can not say the same for my old 12 volt with aluminum boats set up. I would never go back. But if 24 volts is this great, what does 36 volts do?

Quote Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
    I have had 12 v and 24 volt set ups. On my boat the lights, gps, bilge, livewell, and starter are on the the 1 battery. 24 volt just for the trolling motor (83 pound?). Can go all day easy and does great in the current seams for the walleye run. Can not say the same for my old 12 volt with aluminum boats set up. I would never go back. But if 24 volts is this great, what does 36 volts do?
    Do you just have 2 batteries? Basically, did you connect your starter battery and your trolling motor battery to create the 24 volt system?

3 batteries

The battery in the back does the pumps and big motor.

Put two in the front on an charger, a charger makes it great ours is automatic. Plug it in to charge and no worries

Pete, go with a 24volt system. It will definitely last all day up north even in wind.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I put in an automatic bilge pump wired on my trolling motor battery to supplement the original manual one. A little insurance, especially in those stormy nights, now I don't have to keep going out turning on the manual one