www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: GPS chips

Default GPS chips

Simply can't take talking to any more mental midgets about chips.Have called 3 of the Bigs in chip sales and their staff members are challenged at best.The Lakemaster I have and use 'up front' is great but ends around Kennedy island.Is there a comparable chip available for Lowrance units that covers the entire lake?

I don't think there's a chip out there as good as the one in your head.

Ryan

The problem with my 'chip' is there are synapse issues.Not everything is connected anymore-and my resident geek says my computer is outdated as well.

Navionics works in my Lowrance and has the entire lake in it, plus the river north of the lake.

Yes Rick I got the Nav N6 and tried it yesterday.Much better n will be good enuf.Not the detail of Lakemaster but much better than the Nav I had.
    Thanks.

Dick is the Nav N6 your using Navionics+ or Platinum+ ? Could you elaborate on the differences between Lakemaster and Navionics? Need to find a suitable chip for my HDS 8 Gen2 before Andrew and I arrive at Baystore on the 15th. He's looking forward to seing the Batmobile.

Steve

Hi.Mine is the Platinum.Lakemaster is more detailed.When used to trace structure while casting it becomes noticeably better.It most places it is incredibly accurate.There are though a few places where it's incredibly inaccurate-but not many.
    Sorry but the Batmobile is in SoDak and will be here awhile beyond the 15th.
    Good fishing!

Thanks for info. Andrew will be disappointed you're in SoDak.

Unless you find a used chip, Lakemaster is out. Not real impressed with the Lowrance Insight, so the N6 is pretty much your only option.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Walsh View Post
    Unless you find a used chip, Lakemaster is out. Not real impressed with the Lowrance Insight, so the N6 is pretty much your only option.
    Anyone know the item # of a Lowrance compatible (HDS8 gen 2) Lakemaster chip?

Steve,
    Pre buying the N6 I saw used Lakemasters on E-Bay.
    Gonna miss Andrew and the goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Steve,
    Pre buying the N6 I saw used Lakemasters on E-Bay.
    Gonna miss Andrew and the goodies.
    More goodies for Frank!

Just clarifying on the N6 chart. You're referring to the Navionics Hotmaps Platinum HMPT-N6 ?