Our group just returned from Witch Bay Camp. It was another great year---the water level was normal but the water temperature was high (75-77 degrees). We caught lots of smallmouth bass (14-17 inches) and northern (18-22 inches), only two (2) 24 inch northern.

I was able to make-up for the errors I made last year---please see my note eight (8) notes down this list from a year ago. (The first thing I did was sell the rod that missed that Musky last year). We were fishing for Northern Pike and Smallmouth Bass down south by Shore Island when a Musky came out of the weeds and followed my Mepps for approximately twenty (20) yards. As the Mepps was about eight (8) feet from the boat I attempted to start a figure-8 pattern with the lure. Before I could start the pattern the Musky took the lure and ran toward the stern of the boat. I set the hook and the battle was on. After fifteen (15) minutes, several runs and passes by the net---the 43-1/2 inch Musky was in the boat. My Mepps was deformed but, it held.

rlw