www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Back out the last two days with mixed results. Wednesday for example, clear sky's and a light NE breeze not to mention near freezing temps in the early morning hours led to a slow morning of fishing for my 3 guests and I. Working different depths and structures with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we managed to find only 4 walleye and 1 big pike, all were relating to wood in 7 to 12 feet of water, very slow morning. Now Thursday was a different story as my guest and I found clear sky's once again with a slight breeze that was mostly variable and that caused a problem for awhile as we found only 1 walleye in 8 feet of water over a large submerged stump. Trying other areas with good submerged wood proved fruitless, then we decided to hit some shallow weeds and that's when we hit pay dirt. These weeds, in 4 to 7 feet of water were holding some real nice eyes and in a short time we had our last 5 beautiful eyes in the live well to complete our morning trip.

Back out today with my son for a day of fishing and a little R & R.

Next scheduled trip is the 7th with a lot of openings after that.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Happy 4th Don. Will be up in a couple of weeks. Hope to see you out there.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.