www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opration Muskie

Default Opration Muskie

Well here we go again!For the 8th time Operation Muskie is about to kick off.As I type I imagine the Vets are being honored by an honor guard at a breakfast provided by Marvin Windows company in Warroad.We expect them here on the Island later this morning.After getting all the gear in their cabins we'll have our opening ceremony then they'll be off on their first day of fishing!!!
    We expert fishing to be good with stable,nice weather the rest of the week except for a chance of showers/thunderstorms today.Water temps in the high 60s to lower 70s,weeds growing and during pre-fishing the guides have seen n caught good numbers.Stay tuned here,on OperationMuskie.com,and on Operation muskie on Facebook.
    Special thanks to all our sponsors,supporters and staff for making this happen!

Good luck and god bless to all involved with the wonderful event. Be safe and stick a piggie !!

Steve

Have a fantastic event guys. Such a great thing to do.

Good grief you'd think I could spell 'Operation' correctly in the thread title.Regardless a so-so day of fishing but all seemed to have a great time anyway.I think the total for the Vets was 7 or 8 muskies with the biggest being 46.One guide got a 50 this AM.Appears we have 3-4 more days of stable weather so hopefully the numerous followers will turn into hitters.Many pike caught along with smallies and a few BIG walleyes.More info and hopefully pics soon.

Cool this AM.Probably not good but warms quickly.Stable then for rest of event.DAMN I hope n pray they turn on big time for these Vets!!!
    Pete Maina's big motor went down so bit chaotic today.
    Stay tuned.

All those years watching the grand ole opry?????
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Another tough day.Cool early with calm waters.Sounds like about 11 muskies for the Vets.They just finished eating n relaxing an hour and a half and now back out on the water.Hopefully a good evening.Dead calm and hoping topwater will do it that last hour.

Pretty good evening.Suspect Vets got near 20 today.2 boats had 6 each.
    Lot's of smiles!

Default Tuesday fishing pictures

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Pretty good evening.Suspect Vets got near 20 today.2 boats had 6 each.
    Lot's of smiles!
    Pictures of smiles attached

Thursday, last day of fishing. After fishing, back to Baystore Camp, eat and closing ceremony of thanking the Veterans for their service from their grateful citizens.