Updating the past few days, walleye action has been somewhat on the slow side but we are still getting some decent fish, just have to spend time trying different locations and depths. Tuesday for example, with nnw winds blowing into the shallow wood and weeds, my two guests and I spent our morning hours working 3 to 4 foot of water with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads and found only a few medium size walleye along with an abundance of pike. We did switch to fixed bobbers and in-line spinners tipped with small fats and found two more eyes along with a few more pike. Fridays morning trip went pretty good despite the clear blue sky's and no wind to start with, my guest and I worked submerged stumps in 12 feet of water with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with 1/2 crawler and found 2 nice eyes along with 1 big jumbo perch. As the clear blue sky's turned partly cloudy and a little breeze picked up we moved to 9 to 10 feet of water and worked similar structure and found 1 more nice eye and a good number of hit and misses, all in all, a fairly good morning.

Back out today for a morning trip, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net