www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: boat rental (and then some)

Default boat rental (and then some)

been up to the TFF 5x in the last 8 years, love it there like nowhere else on earth. my mother went as a child, and her father. and now I bring my son! he's only 3 and not a day goes by that he doesn't ask me to drive him there.

a family friend is spending her first week up near the flowage and is out with Don this morning! we adore Mr Pemble and know she is learning all the ropes and loving life right now.

OK, so onto business. I was on the Mercer Rentals website and it says they are no longer renting boats?!? I really enjoyed working with Ken, anyone know what's going on? any suggestions for small fishing boat and canoe rentals?

we won't be back for at least a year, so this isn't a race against time or anything. just like to have all my ducks in a row.

and thank you to all who post regularly, I love visiting the flowage vicariously through you!

Donner's Bay resort rents boats, but has a new owner, so you can give them a call. they are right on the flowage.

thanks Wildcat! wrote to Ken and he suggested Good Nuf- but their website doesn't show canoes.
    Donners is right next to where we rent, but in the past they...errr...didn't take too kindly to us city folk. I remember the year they charged us $8 for a bag of ice

Bethany,

Thank you for your kind words, your friend and I had a good morning as she caught some nice walleye, her largest being 17 inches along with a jumbo perch and had enough for one nice fishfry.
    Don Pemble

Bethany

If I remember correctly Jeff Robl TFF fishing guide purchased a boat for rental.
    Just as Don P does a great of posting on Outdoor 911, Jeff Robl posts on LAKE-LINK

http://www.lake-link.com/Wisconsin-F...e-Iron-County/

IMHO If I were renting a boat who better to rent from than a local guide (wink) …

BlackDuck / Whistling Gull

a reply from the legend himself (!!!) AND a link to a new (for me) fishing forum?!? it's like Christmas morning!!

thanks to all who have replied, I know you're busy. I will check out Jeff's rental. just need a little 15-footer...but also looking for canoes!

how have the bugs been? came up in June last year and the skeeters were unbearable.

I always check the weather in Butternut and it looks like you're having a GORGEOUS day! wish I were there!!

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Go to www.turtleflambeauflowage.com and click on businesses and services to see boat, canoe and kayak rentals.

My group usually heads up there in the beginning of June. We were thinking late June next time, in hopes of some warmer, dryer weather (chilly and rainy our last two trips up!) but we also want to beat the July 4th traffic/crowds. From reading this forum it seems like the mayfly hatch is typically the 3rd week of June though. Any advice? Fishing is our main activity (well, close behind eating nonstop and cold brews).