www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Thread 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It was an interesting year. We expected the weed cover to be up since the water was low and it had been pretty warm prior to us being there but the weed growth was actually behind. We found most of our fish once we located the weeds. We live in Indiana. I've been going for around 15 years now, but this was my father's 38th year. It was pretty unique compared to other low water years. We had to work a little harder but we still caught over a thousand on the week so I can't say the fishing was bad. We cast spinners, jerkbaits, etc. Basically hit every bay and cove we see and try to see what the fish like that week. We don't do too many shorelines and don't troll much.

Default musky

Quote Originally Posted by bryan200088 View Post
    It was an interesting year. We expected the weed cover to be up since the water was low and it had been pretty warm prior to us being there but the weed growth was actually behind. We found most of our fish once we located the weeds. We live in Indiana. I've been going for around 15 years now, but this was my father's 38th year. It was pretty unique compared to other low water years. We had to work a little harder but we still caught over a thousand on the week so I can't say the fishing was bad. We cast spinners, jerkbaits, etc. Basically hit every bay and cove we see and try to see what the fish like that week. We don't do too many shorelines and don't troll much.
    You caught over 1000 muskies in a week?

No no lol I wish we had caught that many! We caught between 30-40 over thirty inches with the two biggest being the above ones shown. We caught around 50-60 muskies total. Over 1000 fish in the week (northern, smallie, walleye, muskie) which is a pretty average year for us. When we hit the 1400 mark we consider it good. We work pretty hard at it while we are up there for the week. I wait all year for the week fishing up there so I don't let it go to waste! We only caught 6 walleye this year but we don't really fish for them. Smallies were pretty slow this year too. Mostly a northern and muskie year.