Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to wish all you Dads out there a happy fathers day! Today I guided Ed and his dad Ed for a half day out of Deerfoot resort. After I secured a cup of Jims famous coffee, we headed out on a walleye hunt. Turned out that hunting was good. We only caught one keeper but boated 16 walleyes in the morning along with perch,bluegill, and crappie too.

Morning started out with a threat of rain but quickly cleared and the temps rose to the high 70's by noon. Wind was modest from the west making a small walleye chop with the water temps warming to 73 degrees. We found some fish to be aggressive but most had to be coaxed into eating our PROaggressive jigs tipped with leeches. We tried crawlers and minnows but only the leeches produced. Of interest, most walleyes had their mouths full of tiny wood leeches. The bug hatches continue to be in full swing with lots of bug casings floating by and lots of different types of bugs flying around. All the fish we caught today were well fed. They are getting fat and healthy from the abundant forage. The small walleyes caught today are a sign of a good future for the walleye fishery. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx