www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Fishing Report

Default Musky Fishing Report

The last week of Musky fishing has been very good. Shallow weeds have still been the most consistent, but we also caught a couple around mid lake rock structure. The wind blown areas have been the most consistent for holding active fish. Small buck tails, spinner baits, and 6" twitch baits have all been working well. We had a 45" plus fish hit on a top water but unfortunately it got off after a short battle, disappointing we didn't get a chance to get a picture but it's always fun to see a fish that size take a lure off the surface. I would expect the fish to stay shallow as long has the high's continue to be in the 70's and the nights stay cool. Good Luck!!
    Andy Huffmaster
    Andy's Guide Service

Web Site: www.andysmuskieguideservice.com

Andy, not asking about your spots but I cast a lot of water from Lake Bastines to Beaver flats. and i don't run into vary many Muskys. I do catch a lot of northerns but not the Muskys am I missing something . Any comments will help .Thanks

When you do run into Muskies remember what area you were in, what the conditions were, and the time of day. Learn everything you can about the areas you have action and then try to find similar areas. Repeatedly fish the spots you know hold Muskies and you should see your success rate and consistency increase. Time on the water and close attention to detail should help you develop a pattern over time. Of all the waters I fish the flowage is one of the most difficult to pattern which is also what makes it a fun and challenging body of water.
    Andy Huffmaster
    Andy's Guide Service

Web Site: www.andysmuskieguideservice.com