www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Muskie size question

Default Muskie size question

Just wondering, as I prepare for my annual trip next week, if a 48 or 50 inch muskie caught 10 years ago is still swimming. The Deerfoot Muskie Chart TOP 10 is loaded with a bunch of big fish caught from 2003-2011. Maybe they die naturally? I'd like to think they're still out there...How big?

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Just wondering, as I prepare for my annual trip next week, if a 48 or 50 inch muskie caught 10 years ago is still swimming. The Deerfoot Muskie Chart TOP 10 is loaded with a bunch of big fish caught from 2003-2011. Maybe they die naturally? I'd like to think they're still out there...How big?
    I think thats a million dollar question, that no on could answer accurately, as every fish is not only a different age, but has different genetics. I personally think muskie size is like humans...some grow short and some grow tall. Not all 20 year old females are the same size. Ideally your looking for the shaquille oneal of the muskies

Quote Originally Posted by mofferman View Post
    I think thats a million dollar question, that no on could answer accurately, as every fish is not only a different age, but has different genetics. I personally think muskie size is like humans...some grow short and some grow tall. Not all 20 year old females are the same size. Ideally your looking for the shaquille oneal of the muskies
    Sadly, I only seem to catch Muggsy Bogues.

On average most muskies live to be about fifteen to 18 years old with a very old fish being 20 years old. In higher latitudes they grow older yet and in lower latitudes like in Illinois they rarely reach 18 years old. soooo, the 48 inch fish from 2003 is more than likely not roaming around anymore. Hopefully it's offspring are.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com