www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Rockin' and Rollin"

Default Rockin' and Rollin"

Started out pretty rough this morning at 6am. Joanne and I went out of South Shore toward green can. Way to rough for the 19ft boat, took a good splash into the front of bow, then turned back toward shore for some protection. Hit first fish at 6:45, nice 7 1/2 lb Rainbow. Picked up a high jumping young King of about 3 lbs shortly after that, then a small shaker king that I released. I love the single hooks I replaced the trebles with. Got the rainbow on a orange/silver standard size spoon, and the bigger king too, 3 color leadcore, no planer board, just off the side. Small king came on NBK 20 ft. on downrigger. Just beat the rain to the cleaning station. Bite shut off at 7:30, We headed in about 8:30 due to the weather moving in. Went 3 for 3 . Saw tons of baitfish balls, rainbow was full of alewives, king had a few too.

Default Congrats on both the fish and the decision to quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Hehn View Post
    Started out pretty rough this morning at 6am. Joanne and I went out of South Shore toward green can. Way to rough for the 19ft boat, took a good splash into the front of bow, then turned back toward shore for some protection. Hit first fish at 6:45, nice 7 1/2 lb Rainbow. Picked up a high jumping young King of about 3 lbs shortly after that, then a small shaker king that I released. I love the single hooks I replaced the trebles with. Got the rainbow on a orange/silver standard size spoon, and the bigger king too, 3 color leadcore, no planer board, just off the side. Small king came on NBK 20 ft. on downrigger. Just beat the rain to the cleaning station. Bite shut off at 7:30, We headed in about 8:30 due to the weather moving in. Went 3 for 3 . Saw tons of baitfish balls, rainbow was full of alewives, king had a few too.
    Thanks for the report Rich.

I almost went myself but could not make it due to scheduling problems. I would have tried to go to the same area you were in. Maybe next time I'll see you guys there.

All the Best,

Jim