www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Franks friends

Default Franks friends

My visit last week saw the return of Frank's winged friends. They are a hoot to see them fly in and scramble for the left overs. They ate well as the Walleye were cooperating for all in camp.

They remind me of the crows in the Disney cartoon. "Wadda you wanna do? - I dunno, whadda you wanna do? - I don't know, whadda you wanna do?"

Wonder where they go for the winter? Florida, like everybody else?

Maybe London Tim????

"Saint Thomas Aquinas, "Adoro te devote" or "Humbly We Adore Thee", where in the penultimate verse he describes Christ as the "loving divine pelican, able to provide nourishment from his breast".[109] Elizabeth I of England adopted the symbol, portraying herself as the "mother of the Church of England". Nicholas Hilliard painted the Pelican Portrait in around 1573, now owned by the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool.[110] A pelican feeding her young is depicted in an oval panel at the bottom of the title page of the first (1611) edition of the King James Bible.[108] Such "a pelican in her piety" appears in the 1686 reredos by Grinling Gibbons in the church of St Mary Abchurch in the City of London. Earlier medieval examples of the motif appear in painted murals, for example that of c. 1350 in the parish church of Belchamp Walter, Essex.[111]"

Nice to see mother nature doing her thing. What I didn't realize is A.J.P. Taylor or Angus Calder frequented this site.

Steve

Both dead but....
    Scary in a way.

Sounds like someone's been using Google Translate on those old Hebrew texts! LOL

Is this what this place is coming to????? Think we need some new blood..................
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Well since we are talking about birds I just can't tell what kind of bird is over her left shoulder???
    Attachment 23844

Yeh,that's the 'in sight'Frank prefers on his site.