They were forecasting storms today but it only rained for about 10 minutes today thankfully. It was overcast and very calm for most of the day until about 3:00 pm, so David and I decided we would just throw topwater baits for bass (or whatever would bite) until the wind picked up. We also decided we would not fish any of our proven fishing spots, that all spots had to be "new spots". So with that being said, we started searching Andrew for "bass-looking" spots. It actually was tougher than I thought but it was fun. I've been coming up here for 15 or so years so finding new spots is a bit of a challenge. We ended up catching about 35 bass with the biggest being 18 inches, throw in a few hammer-handles and a few walleyes. When the wind picked up we went back to our Kalin Grubs and fished until dinner. The predicted 100% chance of storms never materialized but the winds did pick up to 12-15 mph out of the W/NW which made the ride back to camp a bit interesting. All in all a fun day. Young Matt Risor at our dinner table (7th grader) caught a 39 inch pike at the island in the mouth of Pipestone today on his last day of camp. Saw a picture of it and it was a beauty! He was throwing a 5 inch Kalin Grub and using 10 lb. braid and got it in with no troubles. Until tomorrow!!
Brian