I've been fishing the flowage for the last sixteen years. It's surely is a unique & beautiful body of water! I am not aware of any campsites with truly "sandy" beaches...but I have not been to them all so, I can't say there aren't any either. As for the dangers, there are many. I too have lost a prop, but I've also gotten smarter over the years. I lost the prop to a stump while I was going 5 MPH. Now, I have specially marked way point markers that I follow as my proven safe routes on my locator. I also have two GPS units, with separate chips, running at the same time, so I can "sanity check" my location, and I always have a backup if one fails. I probably go much faster than most of the people on this board (other than Blue), my theory being that the boat sits significantly lower in the water when you are going slow (I know it's a poor excuse). Of course, That doesn't rule out floating logs, stumps and driftwood floating into my "safe path". I also always have a few sets of eyes, in addition to my own, keeping a watch out for floating wood. I also like to utilize the "water level offset" function on my Humminbird. Remember the flowage level is constantly changing. Springstead landing has a water level indicator stick. I make the water level adjustment on the locator before I leave the landing. In my opinion, the most dangerous water level is when it's 1.5' to 2' down. Literally hundreds, maybe thousands of stumps just inches below that level. My best advice to you is not to follow my example and take your time, and enjoy the scenery. If not, make sure you have a good relationship with your insurance adjuster! LOL! Have fun!