www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Another resort bites the dust,,,,,

Default Another resort bites the dust,,,,,

I see that Cedar Cove (next to Donner's) is being condo'd out.

http://www.zillow.com/b/2964.dash.5-...-90.249202_ll/

HRG

Not surprised, the place has been on life support for a while.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Not surprised, the place has been on life support for a while.
    George,
    I'm not sure about the life support, I've enjoyed staying in the A-frames for many years, and honestly, if it wasn't for having to worry about having a spot to park my boat at the dock, I might still be there.

Just not sure how a resort can accomodate renters bringing 2 & 3 boats per cabin up, and have enough room for everyone. Of course, the time that the Lodge had a huge group, with 13 boats, REALLY screwed things up.

Call me selfish, but when my cottage has brought 1 boat up, I expect to have a place to dock it.

HRG

Default Another resort bites the dust

Funny thing is watching some commentator on tv talk about how the new generation wants to rent everything and buy nothing. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
    I see that Cedar Cove (next to Donner's) is being condo'd out.

http://www.zillow.com/b/2964.dash.5-...-90.249202_ll/

HRG

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
    George,
    I'm not sure about the life support, I've enjoyed staying in the A-frames for many years, and honestly, if it wasn't for having to worry about having a spot to park my boat at the dock, I might still be there.

Just not sure how a resort can accomodate renters bringing 2 & 3 boats per cabin up, and have enough room for everyone. Of course, the time that the Lodge had a huge group, with 13 boats, REALLY screwed things up.

Call me selfish, but when my cottage has brought 1 boat up, I expect to have a place to dock it.

HRG
    Yeah, HRG I had basically heard that they were not doing too well and would be condo'd off. Don't remember where I heard that, but most likely was at a bar somewhere. And of course we all know how reliable that info is.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

I've stayed at the A-frames for the last 6 years and have had a wonderful time with little or no problems. If they are sold and the new owner(s) will not rent them out, we will have lost a great place to stay. The dying institution of the up north resort is sad.