www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: May 30 - June 6 fishing

Default May 30 - June 6 fishing

Our group arrived in camp around 4 pm today. After dinner we went out for a bit and caught several small mouth and walleye, 5 pike and a 40" Muskie. It was sunny air temp was in the mid 50s and the water temp in witch bay was 60.

Basscat,
    FINALLY, someone posting a report! Thanks so much. We'll be leaving on June 5 arriving on the 6th. I'll keep my eye on the board for your reports. The water temp is really what I'm looking at so thanks for posting anything. I know how hard it is once you get out there and fish all day. Sometimes you just don't feel like sitting down at night after a long day of fishing and posting on the computer. Good luck and enjoy the week!
    Brian

Brian,

We fished today south of French narrows, around pow bay and red deer island. We saw a black bear on red deer island. Fishing was good, we caught lots of bass, several nice pike and 3 25" walleyes. Water temps were 53-58 depending on our location.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by basscat View Post
    Brian,

We fished today south of French narrows, around pow bay and red deer island. We saw a black bear on red deer island. Fishing was good, we caught lots of bass, several nice pike and 3 25" walleyes. Water temps were 53-58 depending on our location.

Matt
    Matt,
    Thanks for the update and sounds like you're having quite the trip thus far. Hopefully the weather will hold for you guys.
    If you want to email the reports directly to me, feel free. Thanks!
    Brian
    evan2003@att.net

Will do Brian, looks like today we are going to stay closer to camp fishing in witch bay and maybe up to pipestone.

Matt

We have spent the last two days fishing in witch bay and up to the hayfield. Results have been great casting to the bank for walleye northern and bass. We also caught some good walleyes jigging on 10-15 ft humps.

We are loaded up and getting ready to head south. I caught a 35" and 45 inch muskie, our group did well on walleye bass and pike as well. Thanks to the witch bay staff for another great trip.

Went out today to do some smallmouth fishing. Headed south through The Narrows since the weather called for little wind. Did a milk run of spots with Red Deer being the most productive. We ended up catching 65 smallmouth and 3 walleyes and a few hammer-handles. Was a good day with a lot of action but no big fish (bass topped out at 16" and walleyes at 19"). We were casting Kalin Grubs and stickbaits most of the day.
    Brian