www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Where to buy trolling fishing equiptment?

Default Where to buy trolling fishing equiptment?

Coming up for trolling opening day. Who sells trolling heavyweight rods and reels nearby?

If you want to spice this thread up, you might also ask for musky recipes too. Anyhow, you are probably best off buying from a fishing shop near you before you head up.

standard Musky gear--rod and reel works fine for trolling. you might need a rod holder and a planer board and your good to go. I will also be ready to troll on the 4th weekend. It's about time--

Olwildcat, no need for the heavy rods check the regs you can't troll for Musky or walleyes only for northerns and crappie so the wall mart rods and reels will work great. I find a 4 inch tube jig in the bubble gum works great and 6lb test is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot612 View Post
    Olwildcat, no need for the heavy rods check the regs you can't troll for Musky or walleyes only for northerns and crappie so the wall mart rods and reels will work great.
    sureshot,
    care to show us where it specifically states that in the regulations?

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/fishing/questions/troll.html

HRG

I think there was a bit of sarcasm in sureshots post.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2brw View Post
    Agreed, but if it's on the internet, it must be true, eh?

HRG

Imagine trying to explain to the warden how you were set up to troll for pike instead of musky. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by luv2brw View Post
    you are correct but not a little sarcasm a lot

Default Really???

I made a comment on my trolling string that most guys who troll are just motoring around. They take a seat, crack open a beer and start the motor and they're "fishing". There were several comments about the complexities of trolling, following break lines (which are few and far between on the TFF), etc.

So here to me is your typical troller - he doesn't even know where to buy his gear! He wants to get out there because it will really make "fishing" easy.

I believe no rules should ever become law statewide regarding inland waters. Wisconsin has 15,000 lakes. I believe the state should take maybe 5 or 10 special bodies of water and have unique regulations for those lakes. Maybe regulations like no Personal Water Craft (Jet Skis), no motor trolling, etc. After all, if you want to ride around on a Jet Ski, or motor troll, there are 14,990 other lakes in Wisconsin to do that.

I feel, as do many others on this site, that a place like the TFF is a 1 in a million body of water. It is beyond special. It is also the wildest place in Wisconsin. A true piece of Canada right here in Wisconsin. Why treat it like a lake near Milwaukee?

Huh? Really?

Don, if the TFF is like Canada, then why is trolling permitted in all of that country? No harm--no foul ----- ???

when they say one hook does that mean no trebles ? Is it really one hook? Just asking I think everyone will read into that as they want.