I had a great trip yesterday with Chuck and John from Illinois. It started out kind of slow, as we went down south but didn't get any wind at all to get the fish going, so we moved back to the north end. We put out the Walleyes Choice harnesses (http://www.walleyeschoice.com) in I-34, I-110, and I-76. Within a half hour we had 3 nice fish, lost a couple decent ones and released some undersized fish as well. Then the wind picked up and the bite died. We got one more keeper trolling harnesses and then went into search mode. I checked 3 or 4 spots, didn't like what I saw, and decided to get out the jig rods. In the next 90 minutes we put 11 more keepers in the boat, had a dandy break off, and released some undersized fish as well. It turned out to be a great day on the water. Persistence paid off! They say you're not supposed to fish "memories", but sometimes you have to. Try to remember what you've done in similar situations that worked...and go try it. We were pitching 1/4 oz. chartreuse jigs tipped with crawler halves up to shallow 6-8 feet of water and hopping them back down the break. Most of the fish were in 15 to 19 feet of water holding really tight on the ledge. I learned a long time ago...if what you're doing isn't working, try something different. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area, and I hope everybody has a safe and fun Memorial Day. Say a prayer for our troops, Thank God for our country and what we have, and go fishing!!!

Attachment 23731