Back out on Wednesday with the same guest from Tuesday and we found much better action. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we found good action from the smallies in 4 feet of water in and around timber and also found a couple of hefty walleye in the same area. We also found a good number of eyes in the deep wood, 12 to 15 foot, mostly all small ones but did get a couple of keepers out that bunch. We then switched to lighter jigs tipped with a small piece of crawler and found many active panfish along with our last two keeper eyes in 15 to 20 feet of water over submerged wood. Thursdays action slowed down for my guest and I as we struggled most of the morning hours. Trying most of the same areas that I had worked on Wednesday proved to be fruitless as did most other spots along the way. Wasn't till late after noon when we decided to switch to fixed bobbers and in-line spinners tipped with small fatheads and drifting over the shallow mud flats, here we found some nice jumbo perch along with a good number of eyes, mostly on the small side but we did manage to keep 4 very nice ones.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net