www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Art Laha - On the TFF ?

Default Art Laha - On the TFF ?

A number of years ago (10+) my brother and I stayed at a cabin that was said to be owned by Art Laha. When I first started bow hunting,
    two names frequently came up as being the best of the best archers....Fred Bear and Art Laha.....so.....did Art Laha have a resort on the TFF?

My grandfather, dad and his brothers used to hunt with Art. I've heard some great stories about his hunting abilities.

As for owning a place on the Flowage, I'm not sure if Art did or not. I do know that he owned a place called the Bear Bar in Winchester. Here's a link to the site, which includes a history section that features a small write-up on Art.
    http://www.thebearbarlodge.com/

I remember bear hunting with a bear guide named Willie Kruzinskie (not sure of last name spelling) in Winchester in the mid 70's. He was a friend of Art Laha and Fred Bear; I actually forgot about this until you mentioned that Art Laha had a place in Winchester, WI.

The place on the TFF was somewhere around a road called Popko Rd. or something like that. The place that we stayed at, those folks told us that Art Laha had a resort right there....although it had already been raised; I do recall a large building in shambles in that spot...

oh well.....memories are just that.....memories............